Iconfinder ApS, Pilestræde 43, 2., 1112 København K, Denmark (as the controller) collects and processes personal information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services (as that term is defined in our Terms of service. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to us or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. What information does Iconfinder collect?
A. Information You Provide to Us:
If you have provided us with a means of contacting you, we may use such means to communicate with you. We may send you promotional offers related to your previous use of our Service and with your explicit consent we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open a message from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services. If you want to withdraw your consent to receive communications from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
B. Information Collected Automatically:
Whenever you interact with our Services, you accept that we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your computer or device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. Our advertising partners may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on ads that appear on the Services.
When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website), we only use this data in an aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally directly or indirectly. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often users use parts of the Services, so that we can make the Services appealing to as many users as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners; our partners may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally directly or indirectly.
III. Automated decision-making
We do not ordinarily use your Personal Information for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, may do so in order to fulfill compelling obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
IV. Will Iconfinder share any of the personal information it receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we do share your Personal Information with third parties as described in Section II and in this Section:
We may allow advertisers and/or merchant partners ("Advertisers") to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in San Francisco to show you ads or offers for San Francisco businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are.
B. Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Websites We Do Not Control:
In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Services profile or to automatically transmit information in your Services profile to your third party account. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
C. Agents/data processors:
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right and are not allowed to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
D. User Profiles and Submissions:
Certain user profile information, including without limitation a user’s name, username, location, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for Company’s services. Your account privacy settings allow you to limit the other users who can see the Personal Information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by others. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
E. Business Transfers:
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
F. Protection of Company and Others:
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
G. Other Transfers:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified or asked for consent when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties in personally identifiable form, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
V. Is personal information about me secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records and we have implemented what we consider to be appropriate security measures, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
VI. Your rights
According to applicable data protection law you have the following rights with regards to Iconfinder:
- The right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Information are being processed, and if this is the case, access to your Personal Information and other information such as the purpose of the processing, the categories of your Personal Information, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed etc.You have the right to obtain one copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For any further copies requested by you, we may charge you a reasonable fee based on administrative cost. If you would like one copy, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org together with documentation showing that you are the person in question.You may independently in some cases be able to access some of the Personal Information you have provided to us. Please see section VII (Self-Service) below.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information concerning you.We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally directly or indirectly.You may independently in some cases be able to rectify some of the Personal Information you have provided to us. Please see section VII (Self-Service) below.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay and we are obligated to erase your personal data without undue delay in certain situations, for instance if you withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information.We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally directly or indirectly.
- The right to restriction: You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information for instance if you contest the accuracy of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured, commonly and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller, if the processing for instance is based on your consent or the processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right to object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your situation, at any time to our processing of your Personal Information, which for instance is based on legitimate interest, including profiling based hereupon. If you object to the processing, we shall no longer process your Personal Information unless we for instance can demonstrate compelling legitimate ground for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Also, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similar significantly affects you.
- The right to withdrawal of your consent: Please see section IX below.
- The right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
There are exceptions to these rights so that full access may be denied, for example, if making the information available would adversely affect others.
To make use of your rights, described above, please contact us at email@example.com at any time.
Through your account settings, you may be able to access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- name and password
- email address
- physical address
- user profile information, including icons and images you have uploaded to the site
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about your viewing, deleting or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. How long time will we store your Personal Information?
Iconfinder will process and store your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary and permitted under applicable data protection law. If your account has been deleted, we may keep your Personal Information up to one year after deletion. Your Personal Information will not be retained for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information are collected.
IX. Withdrawal of your consent
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
XI. Questions or concerns